1. My towel is never dry. I hang it over the heater, over the shower rod, nothing works, it's always slightly damp.
2. No one uses an umbrella or any rain gear. Like, if you use an umbrella in the rain here, you are immediately labeled a tourist or a total p*ssy, I guess!
3. Everyone drinks so much coffee, they can't understand that you would consider drinking anything else. On every other block is a drive thru coffee stand and on the two occasions that I've stopped and gotten a hot chocolate, the women asked me if it was for a child! She wouldn't make it as hot. I was so embarrassed, I said, "Uh, Yes?"
4. On the blocks were there isn't a coffee stand, there's an adult store, you know DVDs, books, equipment and other accoutrement. I guess the rain makes people horny.
5. I can't get used to the fact that I live NORTH of Seattle. I didn't think there WAS anything north of Seattle other than Canada. So, to get on the expressway and go to Seattle I have to remind myself every time-SOUTH.
On the other hand, this morning I watched from my window-a bald eagle circling the river below. Now, I know that the bald eagle has an inflated rep, but that isn't something I've ever seen in California, Kentucky, New York or Mass or any of the other states I've lived in. At least not from the comfort of my own home.
I don't know, the kitties seem to like it!