Thursday, November 5, 2009

Gorilla Arms

This is E's bog jacket, the sleeves were knit back and forth. I added stitches for the arms and thought, maybe a few more, okay she has long arms, a few more....I ended up with gorilla arms. Here is how I solved the problem in time for her to still fit in it.
Sew fabric, right side to right side of sweater, make several rounds of stitches, this will secure your knit stitches. (This was a tight squeeze! )
Take a deep breath and cut! I wanted to remove three inches, so my seam is 2.5 inches in to allow seam.



Fold over and sew around, it won't look pretty but it will keep the sweater from unraveling.



Ta da! She still won't wear it!

4 comments:

P. Mookie said...

Clever solution.

Appreciate the tutorial. I just bought a beautiful double-faced black wook jacket and the sleeves are a tad too long. This may be a good solution or I may just turn up the sleeve.

Unlike E, I will wear it!

Liane said...

Great fix, McGyver!

Carrie said...

You are so brave.

Elizabeth said...

I think that's a design improvement!