Sunday, December 28, 2008

Renting Sounds Good

Less than a year ago, a guy called to offer us a limited time offer on insurance for all our major appliances. We could try it free for a month. We don't need it, I told him. When we bought the house, it came with all new appliances, except the hot water heater. Everything else was less than 2 years old. A few days later, the hot water heater broke.
A few months ago, I noticed frost in my fridge. $600 later, we have a very expensive favorite seat for Baby E (it's chocolate cake on her dress, but that's another story). Apparently, there is a part in this brand fridge that breaks so often the repair guy thinks it should be recalled-he carries back up parts in his van. Still, $600 bucks.
Tonight, the dishwasher didn't drain. Ty took off the bottom to investigate and everyone came over for a look (don't throw stones, I'll bet under your dishwasher isn't sanitary either, plus, he vacuumed after this picture.) Let's hope we don't have to spend our Christmas money on a new dishwasher, I was hoping to buy the Addi Click system!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Yikes I hope nothing else breaks! Also, I had no idea an Addi Click system existed! Cool!

P. Mookie said...

The photo reminds me of the SNL skits with the repairman who would bend down and you'd see his b*tt crack! Nice crop on the photo. It is cute seeing B and Baby E 'helping.'

P. Mookie said...

Baby E is a miniature of her father. They look so much alike.