Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tea Bags

We've had some sad very bad news here, which I can't write about to the world, just yet. But, in the meantime,













I've been drawing strength from some great people around me and the words of a few others. Eleanor Roosevelt said, People are like tea bags, you never know how strong they are until you put them in boiling water. We're being tested, and I haven't passed with flying colors but we are circling the wagons and taking care of each other.





I recently finished Jane Goodall's Reason For Hope, a very relaxing read while you are breastfeeding. She reminded me of the Eleanor comment above. It's a spiritual memoir that wouldn't have moved the same way if I had read it in 1999 when I got it for Christmas, (the god references made me wait a bit). But, reading it a few weeks ago, as a mother, had much more impact. Jane spoke of her sacrifices for her son, Grub and her life changes that I wouldn't have connected with 9 years ago. More information to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you guys. We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. -B