Monday, February 4, 2008

We had the same odds as Eli

I've been delaying some vaccines for the kids. For example, babies don't need to be immunized against Hep B when you can only contract it from IV drugs or sex! I started the baby on any serious infant related diseases and at the same visit, got Butters his chicken pox vaccine. I was on the fence about it, but I figured, I didn't want him to get cp...but my husband hadn't had cp yet and we didn't want him to get sick. It can be very serious to get them as an adult. Still, the risk involved with getting cp is more serious, so I relented and we got the vaccine.




Well, we were the small per cent of kids who break out with pox as a RESULT of the vaccine. And, husband has a fever, sore throat and feels like crap. We are home bound for about 2 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed that the baby stays healthy and that it's something else T has!

This is why he has red paint in his hair in the above photo, we stamped today with paint and cookie cutters. Butters keeps telling me, "I don't like chicken pops. Take them off." He's not too bad off, only about 5 spots, it's not as bad as it could be.

No comments: