Saturday, February 9, 2008

Caucusing

We took part in the democratic process today and attended our precinct's caucus! It was chaotic, but fun. Butters had his hands over his ears, the baby slept through the entire thing and we were overwhelmed. I said hello to Maria Cantwell, ("all I could say was hello!" what movie (s) is that from? Don't let me down, SAM) It was standing room only, so we didn't really get a chance to talk with our neighbors and actually caucus, but we did sign in and write in our preference. I only wish Obama had a vagina, it would make the decision a lot easier! But, I am excited to choose between two fairly progressive candidates and two people who are talking about change, something this country really needs.

When Butters was born, during the first Bush administration, he had a $30,000 debt to pay for this country. When Baby Girl was born, during the second, the number has nearly tripled! I'm hoping my grandkids don't have to pay down a national dept. I was born with more rights than I have today, but these are all things that we can win back. What upsets me the most are the lives that have been lost and the damage done to the environment that can't be reversed, the couples who should have been allowed to marry, but didn't the chance. Okay, I'm climbing down from my soapbox.

Speaking of kids, here is are my favorite photos of today. Butters likes to tell a fib and then say, "That's so funny." Like, "You're a doornob, that's so funny!" This is the face he makes when he says it!









Baby Girl is getting her teeth still, but she continues to smile all the time. She is just so kissable, I can't keep my hands off her, which is good because at night she doesn't want to be put down! Can you see the teeth?





Okay, if you are still reading and I haven't pissed you off yet, then you can handle this next question. I have a friend who is very supportive of my knitting, she actually told me that if I knitted a poop she would display it/wear it proudly. So, I thought, I'll make her a pair of socks. Then I found out about a book of naughty knitting patterns and I figured, who better to make a certain type of knitted cozy for a certain type of..say special friend, than for this person, who could love it! So, I'll take a straw poll, a pair of usable socks or a silly cozy for a special friend?

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Aren't you brave! I couldn't fathom attending the caucus.

As for your final question... I am lacking the imagination required, I think, so you'll have to tell me in detail later!! Fun is always a good thing though :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan!

I just wanted to say that I remember that line in the movie, I think it was "Sleepless in Seattle"? I meant to go to the caucus, but I sorta lost track of time. Good for you!

Sara (Cody's mom!)

Anonymous said...

Is Baby Girl's hair slightly red? I see a reddish hue. And her eyes look like they are staying blue? Woo hoo.

Anonymous said...

too easy! SIS and AATR. I'm not sure I know what a cozy is, you'll have to show me. see you soon! (walter, I have to go). xox. SAM