Friday, January 18, 2008

I Survived!

I made it 5 whole days and bedtimes without my better half! My 'Darling Husband' (DH in blogland) has been out of town since Monday and due to get back in a few hours. I had to get this one under my belt; the first time on my own with 2 kids. I should probably feel like I can do anything right now, but I'm just so exhausted all I want to do is sit on my arse. I'm so tired, I don't even think I could knit! By the end of the days, I've been slumped over, begging for mercy. But right now, both kids are asleep, the dog and cats have given up the search for attention and I'm drinking water and wishing it was wine! If I was a single mom, I'd be a total alcoholic.

I get stressed out to easily with all the details. I think men would be better at staying home than women. Women need interactions with friends and adult conversations, most men I know would be happy going days w/out talking to anyone. Plus, you need to think about so much and so much could go wrong-bring snacks, diapers, change of clothes, feed the baby, go pee pee on the potty, water for yourself, etc. I start to get all freaked out and then I forget to have fun. That was the turning point for me this week, when I remembered I need to have fun. We went to a jumpy place that we hadn't been to before and Butters wasn't really playing on the giant inflatable structures, he was playing with the kids toys, some of which we had a home. I'm a cheap ass and all I could think was, "We paid 6 bucks to get here and you aren't bouncing!!!"


Well, if he needs to play with the little toys to get used to the place, let him. Baby girl fell asleep in her pouch, so I put her in the car seat so I could jump w/ the boy and get him used to it. As I moved the baby, she woke up. She'll be fine, remember to have fun. I started jumping like crazy, running crazy on the jumpy thing, bouncing on my butt. I didn't care if I peep my pants, if my legs were sore or if I had a bra on with absolutely no support. Butters thought Mom was funny and that's all that mattered. He bounced and laughed and keeps asking to go back.

(DH just called, he's got his bag and he's waiting for the parking shuttle!)

I need to remember that they are only young once, I'm not sitting at a desk at a job I hate and at least I have a roof over my head.

That reminds me, we are going to need a new roof in a few years...now I'm stressed out again.

No comments: