Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sneak Peak to the Future



I read the Mother Jones article about pink as a gateway color to sleeping in science class, and I read Reviving Ophelia and See Jane Hit (totally disagreed with this theory of sports involvement increasing violence in women and girls). My goal is to raise a confident, strong young woman. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, first we need to get past 2! I can't help but look at her and see the future E, future Madame President or even a great Mom or even both??? I try to balance the pink by telling her that she looks smart and strong in her dress, but there are a lot of things about her that are just girlie and she loves it. So, we'll make sure she's a happy 2 year old for now!
Gotta run, the Princess just slammed the bathroom door!

I will balance this non-Butters post with a photo shoot from the camera-shy Butters!

2 comments:

merseydotes said...

It will ebb and flow many times. Petunia used to refuse to wear clothes because they weren't twirly enough. She went through a two-year period where she wouldn't wear pants. On this year's trip to Orlando, she came home with both a personalized parasol and a custom-built light saber. Yesterday she told me that she really didn't light the pink sweater she wore but wore it anyway because the jeans she wore with it were blue. She went on to explain, "I'm not really a pink person anymore...blue and green are my favorite now."

P. Mookie said...

I wanna see Ms. E in the leopard pink pjs!!!

Look how gentle (at least she is for the moment) her hands are putting the blanket on Angus.

And itty bitty baby is all snuggly in her arms. Lots of money to be made babysitting!