Thursday, December 20, 2007

Memmed

I got tagged for a meme from Carrie. I'm supposed to tell you 6 things about myself that you don't know. Since I don't know who you are, it's hard to decide, but here goes...

1. I've been a vegetarian for 10 years as of this summer! To celebrate the hundreds of animals I've saved from a cruel death, we got an SUV with leather interior and a DVD player...I guess you have to balance things, or just become someone you don't want to. Actually, our honda pilot is a low emission vehicle and has an eco setting where it uses less gas. And, they are made in the US, so there ya go.

2. I've met a ton of famous people (or, well, I used to). Pat Benetar's husband, the drummer of the cars (wait, it gets better), Bonnie Rait, Julia Butterfly, Sting, Robin Williams, Sean Penn, the writer of Thelma and Louis. My husband met Mr. Rogers, I think that's even better than all of mine! Most of these celebrities I worked with at Rainforest Action Network, the rest are from #3 Interesting Fact. (Except P. Benetar and the Cars dude, that's another story!)

3. I worked with Koko, the gorilla that uses sign language. Most people find this interesting. It's how I met my husband and some of the best people in my life (Maria, Gillian, Marilyn, Micheal), it's also one of the worst days of my life-when Micheal the gorilla died.

4. I like to read the fine print on commercials. It's amazing what they'll try to get away with.

5. I like words you can type with one hand-water or treat are my favs. So is Carter! This is handy when breastfeeding but you have to be on the correct side.

6. I seriously need a pedicure.

PS. Holiday update as soon as I download pics.

No comments: