Monday, August 27, 2007

Gonzo is Gone!

I was as giddy as a school girl to wake up this morning and hear that Al Gonzales has resigned! I support Harry Reid's statement and Mitch McConnell wins my award for my hypocritical statement. This award comes with nothing and is non-binding.

I actually met Mitch through a program, Presidential Classroom, during High School. He was wormy and non-memorable. I took a trip to DC where we studied government and met our representatives (along with Mersydotes in Elevated Umbrella!). We met one of our senators, I can't remember the old Republican guy's name but the experience made both Mersydotes and myself into Democrats/Greens. He made the most disgusting comments to us, it was two women and three men, all attending based on equal merit and selected by our teachers and this senator says to M, "Mmmm, you smell good, what flavor are you?" I think M was wearing Channel. Or maybe it was Electric Blue, she was a big Debbie Gibson fan!!!! Anyway, Mr. Republican Senator probably did more to dissuade youth from serving the government than the Congressional Page program!

1 comment:

merseydotes said...

No, that was Wendell Ford, who was the Democratic Whip at the time! I interned for him in college. He walked around with a pack of Marley Lights in his shirt pocket all the time. He was nice enough but definitely part of old-school, smoke-filled-rooms Washington. He was funny and I don't think he meant any harm.

We met Mitch, Wendell and Jim Bunning. Exciting times.