Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mom Day

We had a lovely Mother's Day weekend, but I've learned to keep my expectations low. Kids are always the worst on Mother's Day and your birthday. Over the weekend we had some great parts and some not so great parts.
A wonderful breakfast: homemade biscuits and creamed eggs, steamed asparagus, faken bacon, fresh fruit, mocha. A vegetarian dream.













Went on a hike/short bike ride.












Explored the river's edge.








She was not so happy to wait. But enjoyed throwing rocks and looking at the horses and had to walk to the river like everyone else.















On the other hand, I was up for several hours both nights with the 'animal trifecta,' three kinds of animal substances from dogs and cats. Butters came in my room at 4 am saying, "Someone needs to change my pajamas because they are allllll wet." And, the baby decided to try insomnia for 2 hours. But, I did get to sleep in BOTH days, which was nice and reason enough to say, thanks for a great mother's day!
Here's Butters and I at a Mother's Day Tea for preschool, three cheers for all the teachers who help make the holidays special!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I hear you. What on earth are creamed eggs?