This went around on facebook and I don't have time to write my witty parenting post, so here are 25 things about me for all my non-facebook friends!
1. I watch bad TV-Girls Next Door, Grey's, but I'm trying to cut back.
2. I met my husband in the woods playing with gorillas!
3. I gave birth to my second child in my home with midwives, it was the most empowering thing I've ever done.
4. I got arrested (on purpose) to protest the latest iraq war, turns out-I was right.
5. My Mom is still not happy about #4.
6. I love romantic comedies (roco), after watching them I get a happy feeling, the "post roco glow."
7. My favorite book of all time is Pride and Predjudice, I try to read it every year or so.
8. I made Robins Williams laugh, Pet Benetar's husband jealous and Sean Penn proud!
9. I don't believe in god or gods but I support goddesses.
10. I've been a vegetarian since 1997 and I drive an SUV with leather seats.
11. I love to take pictures. I think I'm pretty good at it.
12. I can siing like Loretta Lynn.
13. I did a cross country trip with my best friend and we traveled several thousand miles, went to 20 national parks and almost 30 states. We almost broke up in CA but worked out our differences and kept going.
14. I always think I'm right, which contributes to #13 and #4.
15. I love my kids, my great fear is that they will grow up to become Republicans.
16. Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done. Even harder than going to Nigeria and crossing a wire bridge to visit a village I should never have gone to.
17. I hate my skin.
18. I'm overcompensating for years of racial inequality and predjudice by trying to teach my kids about black people. I know I'm taking it too far because whenever my son sees a black person, he asks if it's Barack Obama.
19. I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, but my mug is really really big, so it's more like 4 cups of coffee.
20. My mom used to ask me to make my bed and I'd protest, what's the point, you are just going to sleep in it and mess it up again. As an adult, I can't sleep in my bed unless it's made!
21. I just got my city to agree not to use pesticides in our neighborhood park, if it's works I'll ask them to stop using them in all the parks.
22. I was born in Ky but since leaving for college, I've lived on water-Glouster MA, San Francisco, CA and now Everett, WA.
23. My favorite line of all time, "Do innkeepers have wives with Naturally Curly Hair?"
24. I knit socks and sweaters and anything else.
25. When I jump on a trampoline, it makes me have to pee.