Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Love You Like I Love Strawberry Milkshakes




I love fresh strawberry milkshakes! These two even eat differently: Butters meticulously ate all the sprinkles first, then dove right in and the Princess drank it all up with the straw and then worked on the whip cream. (I'm not sure why her complexion looks so pale. She's not feeling well but we have been out in the sun at every chance! She gets it honest. All the crap on the floor in the back is from Hullaballoo, one of the best kids games ever.)


In knitting news, I finished a pair of Coriolis socks by Cat Bordi. This is a crazy toe up new kind of sockitecture that blows your mind! I don't have duck feet, that's just the angle, but you can looks close and see how they spiral out clock wise and counter clockwise for the other foot. Yarn is Wild Foote by cascade, double stranded. ModificationsI changed the top to a rib and increased every third stitch then bound off to keep them from being too tight (which they were at first). These are bound for my brother in law. You can find this pattern free on the DIY website. I've got some serious startitus and I casted on for the Minimalist Cardigan and I plan to cast on for Rusted Root as soon as my swatch dries.
Milkshakes are gone and the bubble machine is going, I better log off.

1 comment:

P. Mookie said...

Graeter's strawberry ice cream with chocolate chips is yummy too. You might want to add some itty bitty chocolate chips to your shakes and give that a try.

Socks look great - like everything you knit. Quite the talented knitter...